of course, you can access routerlogin home page using the serial number of your router but it can happen only if have enabled the password recovery option under the Netgear setup wizard. Virtually, the users forget or lost the Netgear Router Password, as a result, they make so many attempts to get into routerlogin.net admin which make them face some unexpected errors.
When it comes to getting back the default factory settings, you can go to reset your router. The reset to default factory settings is an easy process. You only need to press the Reset Button on your router for at least 10 seconds continuously. But thus all of your settings will be removed and you have to configure your Netgear Setup once again whether it is wired or wireless connection.
On talking about the Enable Password Recovery allows the users to recover the lost password without losing your configuration and other settings.
Enable Password Recovery
Presently, if you have forgotten the password, for sure you have to Reset your Netgear Router because you have not enabled the password recovery option ever. So, first of all, get to reset your router and connect your router to the device using any wireless or wired connection.
- Launch the web browser on your router connected device and type either 192.168.1.1 or http://www.routerlogin.net.
- If you are using the Netgear Genie app then you can access the Netgear Router Login in your genie app.
- It will ask for username and password that you can fill:
Username – admin
Password – admin
Both (username and password) should be written in case sensitive.
- It will display Netgear routerlogin home page.
- Under the Maintenance, click on Set Password.
- Here you can change the password as well as can click on a checkbox ‘Enable Password Recovery’.
- Click on Apply button to save the changes.
Access Routerlogin Home Page with Router Serial Number
For example, you have forgotten the password you can approach the browser > type www.routerlogin.net. It will ask for username and password, below is the options of Login and Cancel.
- Click on the cancel. It will ask for Serial Number that is labeled at the bottom of your router.
- Type the serial number and click on Continue option
- The recovered password will display on the screen of your PC.
You are able to access routerlogin home page to manage the settings.