Netgear Router Firmware updated version not only helps to prevent routerlogin.net from unwanted errors but also updates its features for better control over the Netgear Setup. Netgear releases its firmware version when requires. There is no specific time period, whenever you find the availability of new version you can update this manually or by accessing the Netgear Router Login admin page. It’s totally up to you whichever you find is better, you can prefer.
When it comes to the manual firmware update you must know the version of your firmware. In order to know the firmware version, access Netgear Routerlogin admin page > Advanced > Administration > Router Settings > Firmware Upgrade > the version name will be showing at the bottom.
Manually Update firmware
- Using the wireless or wired connection with your router, you should get connected to the internet.
- Open the browser and search for Netgear Download Center, if you are getting the problem to access this then type http://www.downloads.netgear.com and press Enter
- The firmware options will appear, you can select according to your firmware version. The correct firmware extension will be .img or .chk. You can save this file on the desktop or home screen.
- Now again go to another tab of your browser and type http://www.routerlogin.net.
- Confirm the username and password should be correct. You must know the Netgear Router Password is ‘admin’ by default. If you have changed it then type the changed one.
- Netgear Web Interface will open, go to the Advanced > Administration > Click on the Firmware Update > Click on Browse > locate the Firmware file saved on the desktop.
- Let the process go on, it will take time and finally, when it is done you can restart your net.
Access Routerlogin.Net to Update The Firmware
In this way, the initial way will remain the same, like first of all you have to access the routerlogin.net admin page. Most of the time when you reach to your router’s homepage, the first option appears to update the firmware. You can immediately update it. In case, it is not appearing then go to the main menu > click on the Router Upgrade (Router Update) option > Click on the Check, it will take time to check and then show the latest version > Click on the Upgrade > let the Firmware Upgrade. After proper updating, it will restart.
How Latest Firmware Helps to Prevent Routerlogin.Net Errors
The updated firmware also updates all the features in your router and thus the old version is removed which may create a problem like connection failed, outdated firmware, slow down the internet speed, unable to access router login, Netgear routerlogin not working, etc. So, simply update the firmware to prevent routerlogin.net errors.